Thread: BART to the Giants Game?

BART to the Giants Game?

How long is the walk from BART to AT&T Park? I want to take BART, but not transfer to a muni bus. What station would I get off at, and about how far is the walk (either in terms of blocks or minutes). Thanks!!

You'd get off at Embarcadero Station and its just about a 10-15 minute walk to the park along the Embarcadero.

You could also transfer and Embarcadero Station and get on a muni train if you don't feel like walking. (T-Third, N-Judah, and S-Shuttle)

Ninth without Nen? Thanks to Dusty.
    Last edited by Ralph Zig Tyko; 12-09-2007 at 11:21 PM.
    ---
    Pushing on the doors of life marked "pull."
    Visit my blog

jermz: How long is the walk from BART to AT&T Park?

the 1.2 mile walk is a beaut. fantastic views from the waterfront embarcadero.
    it's totally flat, but plan on 25-30 minutes from the embarcadero station to your seat at mays field.

the train'll take you directly to the yard, and you get a transfer at no charge from bart or the ferry.
    Last edited by west coast orange and black; 12-10-2007 at 02:41 AM.
    "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury

Quote Originally Posted by west coast orange and black View Post
    jermz: How long is the walk from BART to AT&T Park?

the 1.2 mile walk is a beaut. fantastic views from the waterfront embarcadero.
    it's totally flat, but plan on 25-30 minutes from the embarcadero station to your seat at mays field.

the train'll take you directly to the yard, and you get a transfer at no charge from bart or the ferry.
    I love the Caltrain. I've taken the Caltrain form San Jose to AT&T Park. Shoot, the Caltrain comes all the way up from Gilroy over 80 miles away.
    Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

http://sfgiants-forum.com/forum/index.php

Quote Originally Posted by Honus Wagner Rules View Post
    I love the Caltrain. I've taken the Caltrain form San Jose to AT&T Park. Shoot, the Caltrain comes all the way up from Gilroy over 80 miles away.
    How long does it take to get to the park from San Jose using Caltrain?

Quote Originally Posted by skhyatt View Post
    How long does it take to get to the park from San Jose using Caltrain?
    About 90 minutes.
    Strikeouts are boring! Besides that, they're fascist. Throw some ground balls - it's more democratic.-Crash Davis

http://sfgiants-forum.com/forum/index.php

Restaurants...

What are the best places to eat within walking distance, before and after a game? Are there any kid friendly places near the ballpark?
    "Candlestick made me a man" -Will Clark

"Real Giants fans loved them BEFORE and AFTER Barry Bonds came along"

dude. the best place to eat is the ballyard itself!
    there are lots of different foods there. also, you can take in anything you want, except glass bottles and aluminum cans. plastic containers are all coolio. just remember to recycle.
    coolers are ok, as well. even sizeable ones. i've seen some pretty sizeable ice chests at the yard -- "whatever can be placed under your seat" is the rule of thumb.
    safeway supermarket, mcdonald's, starbuck's, amici pizza, a sub sandwich place, stone cold ice cream... all within 2 1/2 blocks. and all can be taken in.

as far as sites/things for kids:
    metreon is pretty popular. it is on 3rd and mission streets.
    here is one map for quick reference.
    Last edited by west coast orange and black; 03-28-2008 at 10:44 AM.
    "you don't have to burn books to destroy a culture. just get people to stop reading them." -ray bradbury