Thread: MLB TV "Speed Hitter" commercial

MLB TV "Speed Hitter" commercial

Anyone want to share thoughts on this? Seems to me like it may be good to get reps in, but would it be a positive for proper loading and hand motion?

http://www.momentussports.com/SpeedHitter.php

Blog Entries
    I believe your son is nine. Forget the gimmicks. Get out to the field and throw him some BP. If you're going to buy him hitting tools get him a tee and a net.

Looks like another version of countless other hitting gimmicks. The Muhl Kicker comes to mind. Like TG said, there is no substitute for live BP.
    See ball, hit ball.

I'm not buying it, just wondered if anyone has used it since they have ads on a major baseball channel.

Just another take on what's already been around for years.....

Just a word of advice, you can get the bat to achieve the end goal (ball reaches, or clicker clicks at/over home plate), with less than optimal mechanics. IOWs, just because the goal of the tool is met, it's no indication that proper mechanics actually contributed to it.
    In memory of "Catchingcoach" - Dave Weaver: February 28, 1955 - June 17, 2011

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by screamer510 View Post
    I'm not buying it, just wondered if anyone has used it since they have ads on a major baseball channel.
    Don't assume a product is good because MLB or a ML player endorses it. They've endorse bad products in the past. Derek Jeter endorsed some ball on a rope batting device. It encouraged an improper swing to hit the ball squarely. I wonder if Jeter ever saw the product. MLB took the company's advertising dollars because it's revenue. The best you could assume is the product hasn't physically harmed anyone yet.