Thread: Signed Jersey, how to display?

Signed Jersey, how to display?

I'm not into collecting, but we were at a school auction and won a Brian Wilson signed jersey (yes, authentication letter too) and want to do it right, but don't want the framing of it to cost more than the darn jersey either.

Hints, help, tips, direction and pointers gratefully accepted.

I don't even know the variety of ways available to display it really. Complete and utter noob here. Want something nice to look at that I can be glad to hang on the wall or office.

Thanks in advance.

I might be wrong, and dont even know if they have stores in the West Coast, but I'm pretty sure Micchael's sells display cases for almost anything (baseballs, footballs, hats, jerseys, etc)
    Yankees' payroll: $250 millions
    Marlins' payroll: $50 millions
    Marlins winning The Series: Priceless

"Visiting Americans love going to Cuban games because with no free agency, no franchise movement and no owners blackmailing cities for new stadiums, it all smacks of 1950's America, ignoring the inconvenient fact that such a fantasyland is only possible in a dictatorship"-S.L. Price

Quote Originally Posted by J.P View Post
    I might be wrong, and dont even know if they have stores in the West Coast, but I'm pretty sure Micchael's sells display cases for almost anything (baseballs, footballs, hats, jerseys, etc)
    If they don't have something specific for jerseys (and I think they do) they offer custom framing.
    Bill Tom George Mark Bob Ernie Soupy Dick Alex Sparky
    Joe Gary MCA Emanuel Sonny Dave Earl Stan
    Jonathan Neil Roger Anthony Ray Thomas Art Don
    Gates Philip John Warrior Rik Casey Tony Horace
    Robin Bill JEDI

Quote Originally Posted by Captain Cold Nose View Post
    If they don't have something specific for jerseys (and I think they do) they offer custom framing.
    Ah so desu ka, Michaels? Happily there's one right off the freeway on my commute home. Thank all.

Quote Originally Posted by CandlestickBum View Post
    Ah so desu ka, Michaels? Happily there's one right off the freeway on my commute home. Thank all.
    They have weekly sales, usually with 50% off or so for framing with coupon. Their circulars always come with the Sunday papers.
    Robin Bill JEDI

They have weekly sales, usually with 50% off or so for framing with coupon. Their circulars always come with the Sunday papers.
    Urg, just talked to the Michaels framer, big upsell, "special water proof nylon, hand stiched, blah, blah, blah..30 years experience, I specialize in jerseys... oh around $495." !!!??? Says I, that's more than 3X the Jersey! "oh, framing always costs more than the Jersey, but we can make it more reasonable". Bet your backside it's going to be more reasonable.

*sigh* Glad I'm not framing a priceless piece of art then, eh? What's 2X priceless?

Still, I'll stop by there and another framing place or two and get a better feel what's what now that I'm pointed in the right direction.

Quote Originally Posted by CandlestickBum View Post
    Urg, just talked to the Michaels framer, big upsell, "special water proof nylon, hand stiched, blah, blah, blah..30 years experience, I specialize in jerseys... oh around $495." !!!??? Says I, that's more than 3X the Jersey! "oh, framing always costs more than the Jersey, but we can make it more reasonable". Bet your backside it's going to be more reasonable.

*sigh* Glad I'm not framing a priceless piece of art then, eh? What's 2X priceless?

Still, I'll stop by there and another framing place or two and get a better feel what's what now that I'm pointed in the right direction.
    But, dont they sell like jersey displays that are not custom made? I was almost sure they did.............
    Yankees' payroll: $250 millions
    Marlins' payroll: $50 millions
    Marlins winning The Series: Priceless

"Visiting Americans love going to Cuban games because with no free agency, no franchise movement and no owners blackmailing cities for new stadiums, it all smacks of 1950's America, ignoring the inconvenient fact that such a fantasyland is only possible in a dictatorship"-S.L. Price

sfdisplay.com provides a decent jersey display case for less than $100. Received one last year and it does a nice job. They have a variety of available finishes and cases can be customized per team. Not sure if case is UV protective or not bit if you're looking for an inexpensive solution check them out. (I have a baseball display case from here as well and was very happy with the quality.)

Quote Originally Posted by J.P View Post
    But, dont they sell like jersey displays that are not custom made? I was almost sure they did.............
    They have displays for full-sized flags. You would think that would be the case.
    Robin Bill JEDI

They have displays for full-sized flags. You would think that would be the case.
    Probably, the guy sure was selling me something else over the phone though. I'll check them out anyway. Called another local frame store, expect to get in @ $100 or so all in.

What the heck is SFdisplay.com doing in Jersey anyway?