PDA

View Full Version : How to get signed baseballs authenticated?

slugger33
08-05-2007, 09:18 AM
How can I get my signed baseballs authenticated?

AutographCollector
08-05-2007, 09:46 AM
How can I get my signed baseballs authenticated?

How did you obtain them?

Check out Steiner. As they authenticate autos.

icee82
08-05-2007, 01:03 PM
Be prepared to pay a "handsome" price for this.

slugger33
08-05-2007, 02:39 PM
How did you obtain them?

No I mean I get the autographs myself, then I want them authenticated to prove that they are real.

stang05
08-06-2007, 07:03 AM
i m in the same boat i have 180 autographed baseballs i want them all certified cuz there worthless not being certified i m the only one that knows there real

MadHatter
08-06-2007, 11:42 AM
i m in the same boat i have 180 autographed baseballs i want them all certified cuz there worthless not being certified i m the only one that knows there real

Unless you're planning to sell them - who cares? I have a few baseballs and other items that I know are legit - but I'm keeping them for myself, which means I'm not worried about their value.

You can pay a bunch for certification - but it really isn't worth if if you want it as a collectible for your own collection.

stang05
08-06-2007, 12:53 PM
Unless you're planning to sell them - who cares? I have a few baseballs and other items that I know are legit - but I'm keeping them for myself, which means I'm not worried about their value.

You can pay a bunch for certification - but it really isn't worth if if you want it as a collectible for your own collection.

Eventually i probably will sell them like way down the line maybe like 40 years or so it will count as a 2nd 401k pretty much cuz i m sure there tons of money with some of the names

digglahhh
08-06-2007, 01:06 PM
Eventually i probably will sell them like way down the line maybe like 40 years or so it will count as a 2nd 401k pretty much cuz i m sure there tons of money with some of the names

Yeah, tell that to the worthless boxes of baseball cards and comics cluttering up my closets. I would have made more money saving and selling my junior high school sneakers!

Seriously, the market for O.G. kicks is out of control...

forktender
08-06-2007, 01:16 PM
PSA/DNA (http://www.psadna.com) is a good choice!

Nope! Only the ones they sell! They don't have a send in service.

I have to disagree, even if you aren't planning on selling them, you might want to hand them down one day. Any vintage memorabilia will only bring in 1/4 of it's value without a valid certification as it would if it would have been certified to begin with, and the cost today will be far cheaper than doing down the road. I'm not saying it's worth certifying every autograph, but I would certainly consider any future hall-of-fame "shoe-in" as a reasonable consideration.

redsoxocd
08-06-2007, 02:37 PM
PSA certifies auto, their wicked expensive though

cbenson5
08-06-2007, 03:27 PM
Here is a link to the psa website: http://www.psadna.com/authentication.chtml

As others have said be prepared to pay. I believe it is between 25 and 250 dollars depending on the autograph. I assume you are also responsible for shipping and handling charges. I hate telling you this, but you very well might spend more money trying to get your memorabilia authenticated than you will receive from sales. Be very selective in whose autographs you send in to be graded. Don't bother sending in any items with multiple autographs. You will not make any money off of them (with obvious exceptions). If you only have active or recently retired players, then you should really collect for pleasure rather than in the hope of making money.

Charles

stang05
08-07-2007, 07:46 AM
i got a price from psa/dna to ceritfy all my 180 baseballs and they wanted $27,000 not counting shipping. I think ill do one by one its only $20.00 a ball

cbenson5
08-07-2007, 09:39 AM
i got a price from psa/dna to ceritfy all my 180 baseballs and they wanted $27,000 not counting shipping. I think ill do one by one its only $20.00 a ball

It depends. It is 20 dollars for most active players. Of Course, you are probably not going to be able to selll them for much more than cost when you consider shipping, the cost of the baseball, and the ball holder. The price is 250 dollars for players like Joe Jackson and Dan Brouthers.

Charles

stang05
08-07-2007, 10:34 AM
It depends. It is 20 dollars for most active players. Of Course, you are probably not going to be able to selll them for much more than cost when you consider shipping, the cost of the baseball, and the ball holder. The price is 250 dollars for players like Joe Jackson and Dan Brouthers.

Charles

on there website you go by the chart dependng on how many you have i havi type in the last name of the player and select quantity 180 the price is between 150-250 per ball. i think its like 20+ balls you go in the highest bracket. I had the balls given to me and the holder so i paid nothing for that

forktender
08-07-2007, 11:10 AM
on there website you go by the chart dependng on how many you have i havi type in the last name of the player and select quantity 180 the price is between 150-250 per ball. i think its like 20+ balls you go in the highest bracket. I had the balls given to me and the holder so i paid nothing for that
You're looking at the wrong thing! Do yourself a favor and pick up the phone and talk to one of their reps, they give very aggressive volume discounts.
Heck, they did a signing for me at my location with 500 pieces for a fraction of what you're claiming they want for 180 pieces. I think you're looking at the multi-signed ball pricing for grading.

stang05
08-07-2007, 11:17 AM
You're looking at the wrong thing! Do yourself a favor and pick up the phone and talk to one of their reps, they give very aggressive volume discounts.
Heck, they did a signing for me at my location with 500 pieces for a fraction of what you're claiming they want for 180 pieces. I think you're looking at the multi-signed ball pricing for grading.

Maybe i dunno i will have to do that i emailed them but havnt gotten an answer o well thanks