PDA

View Full Version : Famous Baseball Calls.... MP3?

StanTheMan
02-14-2007, 05:02 PM
Hello All,

I am looking for some baseball radio or TV calls (preferably radio, I suppose) in MP3 Format or another compatible format.

I already have The Shot Heard Round the World, (The Giants win the Pennant!! :radio ) and some of Jack Buck's best, including Ozzie Smith's HR in the 1985 NLCS (Go Crazy Folks!! :radio ), Kirk Gibson's HR in the 1988 World Series (I don't believe what I just saw!! :radio ), Lou Brock's 105 Stolen Base, Bob Gibson's no hitter.

Any thoughts on websites that may have more.... or any to share. I do a lot of driving each day, and what better way to get through the rest of the winter than listening to the best baseball moments of all time?

Bryan in Indy

AutographCollector
02-16-2007, 10:36 AM
Would it be possible for you to e-mail those "radio calls" to me? I would love to hear them.
P.S.
On XM radio's morning baseball show on channel 175 there is a guy by the name of "Bryan from Indy" that ALWAYS calls in. Is that you? :confused:

kearns643
02-16-2007, 07:10 PM
I think they sell some CD on your subject here: And most certainly baseball music, that is what I listen too when I drive....

http://www.cooperstownmusic.com/songs.htm

And baseball music thread here:

http://baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=45269

StanTheMan
02-19-2007, 04:23 PM
Would it be possible for you to e-mail those "radio calls" to me? I would love to hear them.
P.S.
On XM radio's morning baseball show on channel 175 there is a guy by the name of "Bryan from Indy" that ALWAYS calls in. Is that you? :confused:

I am not Bryan from Indy on XM... but another poster here on BBF
"bryanspellman" could be.... he is Bryan in Indy on the Baseball History Podcast on itunes.

As for emaiing... no problem.

usa1950.bryan@gmail.com

RuthMayBond
02-20-2007, 11:28 AM
This probably wouldn't help?

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/baseballs_best/index.jsp

Williamsburg2599
02-20-2007, 12:07 PM
This probably wouldn't help?

http://mlb.mlb.com/mlb/baseballs_best/index.jsp
You CAN record audio with Windows Movie Maker, although it usually doesn't come out as good (and make sure if you do that you turn off AIM and other applications that use the speakers, I've been recording some stuff on WMM only to hear the IM bleep noise half way through :grouchy :laugh) I'll try recording calls of Baseball's best and see how they come out.

EDIT: I just tested the Joe Carter one, it sounds pretty good, but most of them have backround music, but it isin't too loud.

Williamsburg2599
02-20-2007, 01:04 PM
I got the following calls recorded, although some of them you here a little of the interview before or after the call, and some of them aren't perfect, but I did the best I could.:
2001 WS walkoff hit
Ichrio becomes hit king
Hank Aaron 715
Henderson becomes steal king
Bogg's 3000
Henderson go ahead HR in 1986 ALCS
Fisk waves it fair
Kirby forces game 7
Kirk Gibson (The impossible has happend)
Joe Carter's walkoff

Which ones do you want?

CulturalWasteland
02-20-2007, 05:05 PM
There's a nice four-CD box set called "The Great American Baseball Box" that contains one disc full of famous radio calls. You can see the entire track listing at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Great-American-Baseball-Box/dp/B000B5XZK6/sr=8-1/qid=1172019901/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-5551166-1716612?ie=UTF8&s=music

StanTheMan
02-22-2007, 05:05 PM
Cultural....

There are some GREAT ones on that disc.... Can't Rip them from the site, but it was a good listen. I am now on the hunt for Mays' "Catch." I love how the announcer talks about the ball going "back, back, WAY back there in center field," followed by "and it isssssss...." you can almost hear the guy getting ready to say "off the wall" or "one hop off the wall."

But then he is just as surprised as anyone that Mays caught it. Great crowd noise too.

A great baseball call gives me goose bumps, no matter how many times I have heard it, and regardless of whether or not I was even born yet when the play happened.

I guess it is a character flaw ;)

RuthMayBond
02-23-2007, 10:02 AM
Cultural....

There are some GREAT ones on that disc.... Can't Rip them from the site, but it was a good listen. I am now on the hunt for Mays' "Catch." I love how the announcer talks about the ball going "back, back, WAY back there in center field," followed by "and it isssssss...." you can almost hear the guy getting ready to say "off the wall" or "one hop off the wall."

But then he is just as surprised as anyone that Mays caught it. Great crowd noise too.

A great baseball call gives me goose bumps, no matter how many times I have heard it, and regardless of whether or not I was even born yet when the play happened.

I guess it is a character flaw ;)As programmers say,
That's not a bug, that's a feature :clapping

TheStringIsOut_NC
02-26-2007, 07:28 PM
In my collection:

-Full Albums of highlights from the 1964, 1967 and 1982 Cardinals seasons (feat. Harry Caray, Jack Buck and Mike Shannon ('82))

-1984 Cubs Clinch NL East (Milo Hamilton & Lou Boudreau) and various other calls from that season with Harry, Milo, and Lou

-1989 Cubs Clinch NL East (Harry Caray)
-The 1989 Cubs Hex (DeWayne Staats)
-A's Win the 1972 AL West (Monte Moore)
-Lombardi Snooze Recreation (Mel Allen)
-DiMaggio Robs Hank Greenberg (Mel Allen)

-Series of clips from the Montreal Expos final game, including Elliott Price's tear-jerking farewell and highlights from the team's history feat. Dave Van Horne and others.

-Gionfriddo's 1947 Catch (Red Barber)
-Tommy Henrich HR (Red Barber)
-Lavagetto and Bevens '47 WS (Red Barber)
-Len Barker's Perfect Game Final Out (Herb Score)
-The Bartman Play (Thom Brennaman)
-Carlton Fisk's HR (Dick Stockton)
-Rose 4192 (Marty Brennaman & Joe Nuxhall)
-A Montage of Bill King Calls
-Ernie Banks #300 (Jack Brickhouse)
-Ernie Banks #500 (Jack Brickhouse)
-1959 Go-Go Sox Clinch Pennant (Jack Brickhouse)
-Cardinals Win '82 Series (Jack Buck)
-Buckner '86 (Jack Buck)
-Gibson '88 (Jack Buck)
-Brock Steals 105 (Jack Buck)
-Gibson No-Hitter (Jack Buck)
-"Go Crazy" Ozzie HR '85 (Jack Buck)
-Jack Clark's '85 NLCS HR, "Adios!" (Jack Buck)
-2004 Pirates' Doubleheader Sweep of Cubs (Lanny Frattare & Greg Brown)
-1984 Padres Clinch Pennant (Jerry Coleman)
-1998 Padres Clinch Pennant (Jerry Coleman)

...and on and on. A Jimmy Dudley call of Sonny Seibert's no-hitter, some Bob Elson clips, France Laux, Jim Britt, Ken Coleman (from the '67 Impossible Dream season), Gene Elston, Dick Enberg, Curt Gowdy, #715 (Milo Hamilton), Halsey Hall, Russ Hodges, Herb Carneal, Ernie Harwell, Kalas, Messer, Martin, The Scooter & Bill White (Pine Tar HR), Murphy, Nelson, Kiner, Bob Prince, Saam, Scully, Uke, etc.etc.etc.

TheStringIsOut_NC
02-26-2007, 07:31 PM
Cultural....

I guess it is a character flaw ;)

The Mays "Catch" was called by Jack Brickhouse, with Russ Hodges adding some commentary towards the end. :)

VTSoxFan
03-07-2007, 04:39 AM
There's a nice four-CD box set called "The Great American Baseball Box" that contains one disc full of famous radio calls. You can see the entire track listing at Amazon:

http://www.amazon.com/Great-American-Baseball-Box/dp/B000B5XZK6/sr=8-1/qid=1172019901/ref=pd_bbs_1/103-5551166-1716612?ie=UTF8&s=music

Here's a thread in this forum with some member reviews of this wonderful item:

http://baseball-fever.com/showthread.php?t=34887

Danrick_Enterprises
04-12-2008, 12:31 PM

I guess it is a character flaw ;)[/QUOTE]
=====================================
Here's sumpin' to think 'bout. It's about Mays's phenomenal catch off Wertz in the top of the 8th in game 1-1954 WS. On WOR and WMCA, Jimmy Dudley and Al Helfer were in the radio booth. In the TV booth were Jack Brickhouse and Russ Hodges. I have the first generation recording of that game. The "catch" was called by "Brick" and Russ on TV, YET on the tape of that game called on radio, the TV call is superimposed over the call by radiomen
Dudley and Helfer. Anyone know why? If I didn't have the first generation recording, I'd say, "It happened because the reel was passed from collector to collector but in my case, that would be impossible."
Danrick

Baseball Guru
04-17-2008, 12:54 PM
Hello All,

I am looking for some baseball radio or TV calls (preferably radio, I suppose) in MP3 Format or another compatible format.

Any thoughts on websites that may have more.... or any to share. I do a lot of driving each day, and what better way to get through the rest of the winter than listening to the best baseball moments of all time?

Here's a site that has some neat audio: http://www.thedeadballera.com/AudioVault.html

shmev505
08-07-2008, 08:02 PM
I found a lot of great baseball radio and TV calls. Here ya go:

http://contursi.freeyellow.com/baseballtour/sounds.html